oss-sec mailing list archives

non-Linux advance notification list

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 06:45:38 +0400

Hi,

As our experiment with advance notification exploders for distros
proceeds, I am ready to setup a list with operating system distro
vendors not limited to Linux.

Of course, it'd be non-obvious where to stop (do we add Microsoft if
they ask to join?), but for now I'd like to see who is interested in
joining - and be liberal in accepting them.

I'd expect to add *BSD's, Apple, Solaris - but we need to hear from
specific people that they're interested.  So please reply to this
message to indicate your interest and we'll proceed.

I intend to include the linux-distros members on this new list as well.
I have difficulty imagining an issue that would affect several diverse
distros, but obviously (to the sender) not affect any Linux distros.
I don't mind setting up a third list that would exclude Linux if there's
demand, though.

I'd appreciate any comments.

Thanks,

Alexander