oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Closed list

From: Josh Bressers <bressers () redhat com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:57:51 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----

Postponed. I'd like to see any support for you getting onto the Linux
distros security contacts list, with reasoning, or/and any other
suggestions on what to do in this case. Josh - what do you think (as
someone who advocated the setup of a vendor-sec replacement)?

My initial thought is that a vendor without public advisories is a
liability.

I don't want to get into the politics of not publishing your advisories,
but at the same time, public information such as this is all we have to
measure if a vendor is using the information at hand.

I'm happy to draw a line in the sand and make public advisories a mandatory
requirement. If anyone disagrees, please speak up. This is my personal
opinion, other viewpoints are welcome.

Thanks.

--
    JB