Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Question regrading nmap installation as non-administrator

From: "Kurt Buff - GSEC, GCIH" <kurt.buff () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 19:32:53 -0600

Likely not.

By default, nmap installs itself into "C:\Program Files (x86)", and
npcap installs itself into "C:\Program Files".

Normally, installing files into those directories (and installing
drivers, like npcap) requires administrative access.

I haven't looked hard, but I'm not aware of a portable version of
nmap, and even if there were one, it would be severely handicapped by
lack of npcap.

Kurt

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 6:20 PM Marjan Marzban