Nmap Development mailing list archives

Github PR #1953

From: Simone Chiarelli <simchi88 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 09:22:22 +0200

Hi nmap devs!

I’m writing to you as per what’s suggested in https://github.com/nmap/nmap/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

I’ve posted a PR to the github repo to add a feature to nmap.
The feature description is:
"Allow settings source port through bind() for tcp connect scan for ipv4/ipv6, optionally in conjuction with -S.
Ports under 1024 will usually fail if not root, but for what I could see on macOS 10.15.2 they will be set when binding
to INADDR_ANY/in6addr_any (0.o)”

please, give it a glance when you have a bit of time, I think it’s a nice little thing to have in nmap, and I’ve been
looking at implementing it for quite some time now, and finally found the time/will to do it :)

here I link to the PR:

https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/1953 <https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/1953>

Whish you the best, in this quite harsh times!

Simone