Nmap Development mailing list archives

How to compile the docs of Nmap (DocBook XML) on Ubuntu?

From: 食肉大灰兔V5 <hsluoyz () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 17:20:02 +0800

Hi list,

I'm currently using Ubuntu 14.04 to compile Nmap docs by following the
guide here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DocBook

I successfully built the hello world in that guide. Then I pasted one doc
file (
https://github.com/nmap/nmap/blob/ad5909f807ce2ba8c5408e7500e627d0d2486148/ncat/docs/ncatguide.xml)
into my XML file (test.xml) and compiled. It gave me the following error:

root@ubuntu:/# xsltproc -o test.html
/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/xhtml/docbook.xsl test.xml
test.xml:3: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document
<sect1 id="ncat-overview">
^
unable to parse test.xml

I guess there's something wrong with my setting up. How to setup the build
environment for DocBook XML of Nmap and how to compile it? Thanks.

Cheers,
Yang