Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: How to compile the docs of Nmap (DocBook XML) on Ubuntu?

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 09:13:36 -0700

On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 12:06:32AM +0800, 食肉大灰兔V5 wrote:
Hi David,

Thanks for your help. I ran the command like this:

root@ubuntu:/# xsltproc -o ncatguidehtml.html /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet
/nwalsh/xhtml/docbook.xsl ncatguidehtml.xml
Element continuation in namespace '' encountered in screen, but no template
matches.

It seems that the tag "continuation" is not recognized by my docbook.xsl style
file. So I removed the only one occurrence of it: <continuation/> in Line: 471.
Then recompile and everything is OK now.
It's weird. I wonder maybe it's because Ncat's docs is using DocBook XML 4.4,
and what I have installed is DocBook XML 5.0?

I think "continuation" is not a real DocBook element. It's an additional
pseudo-element that we added. We do some kind of XSLT preprocessing to
transform <continuation/> to some kind of line break indication. You can
ignore it if you don't need it.