Nmap Development mailing list archives

Tudor's Status Report - #7 of 17

From: Tudor-Emil COMAN <tudor_emil.coman () cti pub ro>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 22:09:47 +0000

Hello,

This week I didn't get to finish the SSL integration for engine_iocp and I hope to finish it by next week.

Accomplishments:

- Did a stress test by using the ftp-brute NSE script to make a lot of traffic to try and guess a password on a vsftpd
server I configured inside a VM. Engine_iocp works on par with the other engines and didn't cause much trouble there
however I couldn't illustrate a performance boost due to parallelism probably because.

- Brandon has been really nice and got me a Windows Server from where to conduct some mass scans(because my ISP may
cause me problems if I scan from here).