Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Headers in mswin32/netinet

From: Fotis Hantzis <ithilgore.ryu.l () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 11:15:17 -0600

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Gisle Vanem <gvanem () yahoo no> wrote:

Fotis Hantzis wrote:

the directory to which you are referring only applies to the Nmap
package.
There is no mswin32\NETINET directory in Ncrack.

Hello Fotis.

I was referring to the ./mswin32/NETINET/*.h files under
<Nmap-root>. This directory seems to be required in the
-I-path to be able to build Ncrack too. Or am I mistaken?

Ncrack is completely independent from Nmap and is also packaged separately.
The only common thing are the nsock and nbase libraries which are also
shipped separately.

There are some issues that still need to be fixed however for the latest
Ncrack version to be able to be compiled in MSVC.

I know. Please try with a recent OpenSSL and watch the errors.
With v1.1.0, it seems impossible.

For now the latest git version can be found here:
https://github.com/nmap/ncrack

I know, BTW, how up-to-date is that OpenSSSHlib compared to the
official one?

The opensshlib in the Ncrack github version is based on the OpenSSH 7.1
codebase. However the opensshlib in the last Ncrack release (0.4) is based
on the 5.2 codebase and might not work with some newer ssh servers. So it's
better to use the git version until the new official release is made.

--gv