Nmap Development mailing list archives

NPCAP Blue screen

From: "Luff, Vince" <vince.luff () anite com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 09:57:10 +0000

Hello,

I am using Npcap on Windows7 32bit SP1, and have seen a blue screen 3 times over the past month. I've attached the .dmp
files:

Date of crash                     NPCAP version                  DMP file
Suspected file
29 Jan                                    0.05 r3                                   012916-15038-01.dmp
   npf.sys
4 Feb                                     0.05 r3                                   020416-15428-01.dmp
   npf.sys
10 Feb                                   0.05 r10                                curr021016-18252-01.dmp
npcap.sys

When these crashes happened I was tracing two adaptors simultaneously using tshark. One of them was a Microsoft
Loopback Adapter which is used for a virtual machine.
Since I got the third crash I disabled tracing on the Microsoft Loopback Adapter and have not had a blue screen since.

Please let me know if I should provide more information.

By the way, I work for telecoms company Anite Telecoms in the UK.

Regards,
Vince Luff.

Please refer to www.anite.com for individual Anite company details. The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are
for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not
disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it. It may contain information which is confidential
and/or covered by legal professional or other privilege. Contracts cannot be concluded with us nor legal service
effected by email.

Anite Ltd.
Registered in England No.1798114
Registered Office: Ancells Business Park Fleet Hampshire GU51 2UZ United Kingdom VAT Registration No. GB 787 418187

Scanned for viruses by Mimecast.