Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NPCAP Blue screen

From: 食肉大灰兔V5 <hsluoyz () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 01:31:31 +0800

Hi Luff,

Your attachment is exactly what I used. But I found out the issue based on
[1, 2].

*Based on my research, I would like to answer you that the maximum number
of network filter drivers in Windows 7 is 14. However, it is hard coded to
allow 14 filter drivers. By default, the number is 8. To view the number or
modify the number, please access the following registry key:*
*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\MaxNumFilters*
*Usually, the network filter drivers are listed in the Network Connection’s
Properties. Also, it can be located by some third party programs, such as
antivirus program.*

I can install now.

[1]
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-virtual-pc-install-reverts-back-during/7e324092-090c-40e5-a5d2-0badad2c248b?auth=1