Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Bug: nmap doesn't run on Windows XP anymore

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 23:07:54 -0500

Ivan,

I'm sorry to say that Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP in April 2014
[1]. Because of this, we have not done any testing of our newest builds on
Windows XP. I don't know exactly what the cause of this error is, but it is
unlikely that we will be spending any effort to support Nmap on Windows XP.
Our own testing shows that Nmap works well in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, if
those are options that would suit you.

Dan

[1] http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-support-help

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Ivan Shatsky <ivan.shatsky () gmail com>