Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SourceForge nmap project analysis

From: Rodrigo Ramos <rodbramos75 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 16:56:27 -0300

Good news!

We still have a chance!

Best regards!

Em Jun 19, 2015, à(s) 2:14 AM, Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org> escreveu:

Hi folks.  I'm happy to report that Sourceforge has removed their fake Nmap page and now just redirects people
straight to the official Nmap page:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nmap.mirror/ <http://sourceforge.net/projects/nmap.mirror/>

Even though I'm still very disappointed in Sourceforge for abusing the trust of their users by adding malware to open
source packages (and also tricking them with malware-laden fake download buttons), I'm glad they did the right thing
by removing the fake Nmap page.  Hopefully they will do so for any other projects which request it as well.  And I'm
also hoping that this time they stick to their promises to stop adding "offers" to 3rd party installers without
consent,  and to cease showing the malware-laden fake-download-button ads.

Cheers,
Fyodor