Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SourceForge nmap project analysis

From: "Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) - lists" <lists () infosecurity ch>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 10:35:44 +0200

To me it seems that reactions has been sometime exaggerated, sometime
misunderstood, especially regarding a supposed malicious approach of SF.

SF has now created a Community Panel and Community Voice forum to deal
with such issues:
https://sourceforge.net/blog/project-mirroring-policies-will-be-revisited-with-our-community-panel-existing-mirrors-removed/

Given that SF is for the opensource community, and it's not softpedia or
download.com or other pseudo-malware-oriented commercial sites, i think
their approach is very positive and the community reaction should try to
keep an ongoing discussion at
http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/discussion/communityvoice/ .

That community oriented approach is what i like most in the way they are
handling those concerns!

Fabio