Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] An XML parser for NSE

From: Gyanendra Mishra <anomaly.the () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 01:50:45 +0530

Hi,

I and Daniel Miller were thinking of introducing an XML parser to the Nmap
Scripting Engine. After discussion, we decided to use SLAXML, a SAX like
XML parser[1]. The main reasons we chose SLAXML was because it had a tiny
easy to maintain code base(dom and sax  in under 400 lines with
documentation) and also it seems dependable [apparently Wikimedia uses it].
The code comes with the MIT license and Daniel found out we already have
code running with that license.

I converted the code to be suitable for the NSE library[2]. The code
contains a parser class and a function. I have tried to document to make it
self-explanatory. Daniel asked me to show the use of the library and told
me to make use of the library in http-crossdomainxml[3].

Suggestions and feedback are requested and is appreciated :)

Gyani

[1]https://github.com/Phrogz/SLAXML
[2]https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/gyani/nselib/slaxml.lua
[3]