Nmap Development mailing list archives

[GSoC 2015] Improve s0h3ck's proposal?

From: "s0h3ck ." <s0h3ck () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 21:56:03 -0400

Dear mentors,

After the spring break, I decided to share my proposal. As I didn't have
template for Nmap's proposal (I don't blame you Daniel ;)), I did my
research and I find a lot of good examples. I decided to do the same as
David's proposal in 2007 which looks pretty much as an interview when you
want to be hired. I hope it's an acceptable model.

First of all, click here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9VWg1v4Y4to60gqaaZEcOeocKN5wFc5Zr-KDgAHnA0/edit?usp=sharing>
to view my proposal. (Take note that the questions which states "to
complete" are not yet complete) I would like to get feedback to improve or
add necessary details. Thanks.

Next, couple of questions :
1. Do you need a specific format like an HTML page or a google doc is fine?
2. Do you need anything else to prove you that I can do a serious and
professional job?
3. As I see there
<https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2015>, the final
decision about GSoC is not until April that we know if we are accepted or
not. Does the organization can have a good idea of the student profile
before April if he is a good match into the team or Google has the right to
refuse the student and the mentor? Please let me know, because I would like
to know at less if you think I'm a good candidate for Nmap or not enough
prepare. Thanks for your sincerity.

Thanks for your time, I really appreciate it.

Best regards,
s0h3ck.