Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New WordPress NSE script (http-wordpress-info)

From: George Chatzisofroniou <sophron () latthi com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 17:31:04 +0000

Hello again Peter,

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 2:23 PM, peter () hackertarget com
<peter () hackertarget com> wrote:
I am having some troubling getting the script to execute correctly (nmap
6.47), I also tried the version from svn with a similar result. Do you have
any pointers for this error?

NSE: http-devframework: Loading fingerprints:
nselib/data/http-devframework-fingerprints.lua
NSE: http-devframework: Couldn't load the file:
nselib/data/http-devframework-fingerprints.lua
NSE: http-devframework against hackertarget.com (178.79.163.23:80) threw an
error!
/usr/local/bin/../share/nmap/scripts/http-devframework.nse:86: bad argument
#1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
/usr/local/bin/../share/nmap/scripts/http-devframework.nse:86: in function
</usr/local/bin/../share/nmap/scripts/http-devframework.nse:78>
(...tail calls...)

Can you please try again the version from svn? There was a sanity check missing.

In regard to my submitted script (http-wordpress-info.nse), I think it would
stand alone as a valid contribution as it is a "safe" script that would
complement the other WordPress scripts. While individual scripts for every
content management system would probably not be practical WordPress is
running a significant chunk of the web and this makes it a popular target.

I'm fine with that as well. Let's hear more opinions.

--
George Chatzisofroniou