Nmap Development mailing list archives

Devin's Status Report #6 of 13

From: devin bjelland <devinbjelland () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 19:22:53 +0100

Hi everyone,

This is my status report for week 6 of my Google Summer of Code project.
This week I primarily worked on my libssh2 binding for the NSE. Writing the
filter for libssh2 turned out to be more difficult then I expected, but now
that it is done, the rest of the project should be relatively easy (we are
filtering the data libssh2 sends through a unix socket in order to trick it
into using a nsock socket).

Accomplishments:
-Merged Lpeg branch
-With Patrick's help, I got the filter for my libssh2 binding working.
-Got libssh2 session handshake/termination working
-Wrote script to test libssh2 binding.
-Got libssh2 password authentication working

Priorities:
-Clean up existing libssh2 code
-Write bindings for other necessary libssh2 functions
-Write some scripts to use the new libssh2 binding (I'm planning to start
with a ssh brute forcer).
-Work on Patrick's http resource listener idea (the idea is scripts like
http-affiliate-id will be able to register a listener with the http library
so they can run on whatever http resources other scripts request without
generating more traffic)

Cheers,
Devin