Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NCAT: SOCKS5 patch

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 17:57:23 +0100

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 7:51 AM, Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com> wrote:
Thanks, good job!

I checked it in (r32707), with a single change: resolve_internal()
takes `port' as an unsigned short though it was declared as taking it
as unsigned short *.

Henri,

Do you think this (SOCKS 5 support) could be added to nsock directly?
I haven't looked at the code, but I suspect that Ncat's proxy support
could be replaced with appropriate proxied-Nsock functions.

Dan

Hi,

Client operations could be integrated to nsock eventually, but not
directly, not right now. One of the benefits of SOCKS4a/5 is the
ability for the client to delegate endpoint name resolution to the
proxy, but nsock can only work on IP addresses. We should first make
nsock able to take targets' hostnames as parameters. That was somehow
mentioned on this list when discussing the first proxy patch[1].

Regards

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q4/526

--
Henri