Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NMap Behavior Differences (HTTPS + Ubuntu 10.04LTS & Ubuntu 12.04LTS)

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 20:51:13 +0200

2013/9/5 Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>:
I can replicate the behavior on Ubuntu 12.04 against www.itslearning.com.
I've created pastes with debugging output from 2 versions of Nmap:

* http://pastebin.com/HqFCcYai - Nmap 6.41SVN with -d4
* http://pastebin.com/bCfdqFh3 - Nmap 6.02 with -d3

I also ran a scan without the NSE script immediately followed by openssl
s_client, which was able to connect with no timeout.

Dan
Hi,

that looks interesting... I can't reproduce, neither on recent fedoras
nor on debian 6.0.7. That could totally be a nsock issue but I see
nothing suspicious from the traces you posted. Do you? Could you maybe
retry with -d9, to also have the full debug log messages? A pcap dump
would be helpful.

Regards

--
Henri