Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Request for testing: proxy support

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 11:32:03 +0200

2013/8/17 Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>:

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 4:52 AM, Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
wrote:

2013/8/17 Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>:
2013/8/17 Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>:

Done (see r31893 for usage screen and r31894 for the refguide). Can
you check to make sure all important aspects are covered?

Looks good, Henri.  I made some updates and regenerated the man page as well
as the HTML documentation on the site.

Thanks.

Also, I added this to the Nmap todo:

o Improve Nsock proxies system
 - Add SSL support
 - Add proxy authentication
 - Switch Ncat to using Nsock proxy system rather than it's own
   built-in support.
 - Add proxy support to connect() scan.  This would mean moving
   connect scan to nsock.

Are these all things we want to do?  And, relatedly, are there other Nsock
proxies todo items I should add to this?

Cheers,
Fyodor

I've never really considered the ncat item but yeah, that would make
sense. Nping TCP connect() mode could leverage it as well (that'd be
useful to measure latency and reliability of a given proxy chain for
instance).

Another couple items from todo/henri.txt[1]:
  - Add socks4a/socks5 support. This requires to figure out how to
enter the nsock proxy code w/o having the target IP address. No huge
technical blocker there though, only design choices to make.
  - Move the code which is shared with ncat to nbase (URL parsing code
for instance).

Regards

[1] https://svn.nmap.org/nmap/todo/henri.txt

--