Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Request for testing: proxy support

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:10:14 -0700

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>wrote:

For now, HTTP CONNECT and SOCKS4 are supported. Name resolution isn't
implemented. Also, ultrascan doesn't benefit (or suffer? :) proxy
support as it doesn't use nsock. That would be something to implement.

A chain is expressed as a comma-separated list of URLs.
e.g.: "http://localhost:8080,socks4://someproxy.example.com";.

Such a chain can be passed to nmap via --proxies <chain>. The chain is
parsed once and reused everytime a nsock pool is instanciated by nmap.

Authentication is not supported. As agreed before[1], I aim to first
validate
the core layers. refguide is also not updated yet, though I have no excuse
for that. :)

Can you add this to the refguide?  This is among the cooler new features in
Nmap 6.40, but folks won't know about it if undocumented.  It should
probably be added to the Nmap usage screen too if you can figure out how to
do so without taking up many lines.

Cheers,
Fyodor (who, as you can probably tell, is working on the Nmap 6.40 release
notes)