Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: svn update failures

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 10:04:45 -0500

On 04/06/2012 02:55 PM, Fyodor wrote:
On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 05:13:27PM -0400, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
*svn co https://svn.nmap.org/nmap***

And here's what I eventually get:

# svn update
U    nmap-service-probes
D    scripts/asn-to-prefix.nse
A    scripts/rdp-vuln-ms12-020.nse
Authentication realm:<https://svn.nmap.org:443>  svn.nmap.org
Password for 'root':
Thanks for the report.  The issue may be related to the coincidence
that your svn client chose the username 'root' (since you were logged
in as root) and we also happened to have a user 'root' on that svn
server (it was used for storing various config/administration files).
I have renamed our user 'root', so hopefully this won't happen any
more.

Cheers,
-F