Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: svn update failures

From: Forrest Aldrich <forrie () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 18:01:50 -0400

On 4/9/12 5:54 PM, Fyodor wrote:
On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 04:15:13PM -0400, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
I'm not sure whether this is the issue.   For one, when I check out a
new, fresh copy of the repository the SVN update will work through a
couple of trees, then fail, asking for a login.
What happens if you just accept the default username (or type guest)
and then just hit return at the password prompt (to mean blank
password)?  Now you shouldn't HAVE to do this, but I'm just wondering
if it will work.  Also, do you only have to do it (the blank password
auth) once, or does it ask you multiple times during the checkout?  Do
you get it again when you svn up?

For what it is worth, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem when I
just tried:

svn co --username foobar https://svn.nmap.org/nmap

It just checked out the files without an authentication prompt.  svn
up didn't trigger one either.

Cheers,
-F

It first reverts to asking for the password for "root", then asks for a username thereafter.

This happens every time, except for a couple of the SVN directories under. (I haven't bothered to check which ones).

Forrest