Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Privilege checks in broadcast-* scripts

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 20:05:43 +0100

So, in regards to the is_privileged checks, let's keep the checks in the
prerule until we find a general way to report errors back to the user
without
cluttering the XML reports? There might be one or two more scripts that
need
the change in that case.

That's cool, if you also mean without cluttering the normal output, too.
 If
this just means still using my rootfail solution, then that's fine, as
long as
every script on every host doesn't needlessly give me the same error
message.

I ment the normal output too, AFAIK script output ends up in both, right?
The rootfail solution is fine with me, we only discussed to take it out of
the prerule where it's redundant.

Cheers,
Patrik

Cheers,