Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r26092 - nmap/todo

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 18:22:51 -0700

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 11:05:15PM +0100, Rob Nicholls wrote:
My bad, I think. I believe I've found the issue (essentially a copy and
paste error on my part), briefly tested it and just committed a fix
(r26106).

Some code nearer the top specifically checked that our "InstalledBy"
registry key was present so we knew we could silently uninstall WinPcap with
our uninstaller, rather than reading the "UninstallString" like we do later
on in the code for a non-silent installation when we don't care whose
version of the uninstaller is executed. I added a line to read the value of
"UninstallString" rather than use the "InstalledBy" string just before we
silently execute our uninstaller. Basically, the old code meant that the
ExecWait command was running 'Nmap /S _?=$INSTDIR' which is why Nmap would
run rather than the uninstaller.

I checked this out and came to the same conclusion. The fix didn't
immediately suggest itself, but if you're looking at it, Rob, please go
ahead and do it.

David Fifield