Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Colin Rice Status Report #14 of 17

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 23:47:29 -0700

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 08:04:06PM -0700, Colin Rice wrote:
Hello,

Accomplishments:
* Talked with Justin from TUF and figured out how we should make the
server only be able to sign updates for a week

Just for some background for other readers, what we're trying to do here
is be able to daily or more frequent updates to the files, without a
person having to enter a passphrase every time something changes. So the
idea is to have short-term data that can be signed automatically by an
offline key that doesn't require a passphrase. Then, on a somewhat less
frequent basis, a human will enter a passphrase to allow automatic
signing for the next period.

* Go over zenmap script parser with david and get it merged into trunk.

I want to merge this after the next stable release, not before.

David Fifield