Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncat portable for Windows (static edition)

From: Shinnok <admin () shinnok com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 22:49:24 +0300

On 07/01/2011 12:27 AM, Fyodor wrote:
OK, here are some suggestions I had when reading through it:

o The boxes in the gray boxes on secwiki page are because of spaces
  before the text.  It would be good to clean it up a bit so (for
  example) you can use real enumerated lists rather than writing out
  1), 2), etc.

o Maybe you can include a reference link or something to "Open the
  Visual Studio 2010 command prompt".  I thought that was a mistake
  until I realized that there actually was such a thing.

o The wiki doesn't really like the "======================" line.
  Instead, I'd use markup like "=Building Ncat Portable for Windows=" or
  something to make the title stand out.

I improved it a bit. I still kept the gray boxes for the per-step
commands or hints. If there is another way of making them stand out I
welcome it.

However I am a little dissatisfied with adding text in mediawiki after a
list item without breaking the list. I resorted to "#:". However I would
have liked for the build commands in no.4 from building OpenSSL to fall
under the same box, but I couldn't find out how to do it.

Shinnok