Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncat portable for Windows (static edition)

From: Shinnok <admin () shinnok com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 00:05:45 +0300

On 6/30/2011 11:05 AM, Fyodor wrote:
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 08:27:48PM +0300, Shinnok wrote:
Ahh, yes, on a final minute call I made a decision to base the nsock's
new configuration on
existing ReleaseNoPcap created by ithilgore about a year ago.
It seems to not do what it purposes to do thus I created a new one
called "Static" based on
Release with the proper changes just like for nbase and ncat, like I
planned to do initially.
All should be fine now(r24245), please confirm.
I'm glad you got it working, but can you check with Ithilgore about
ReleaseNoPcap?  If they are both meant to do the same thing then it
would be better to combine them into one than have profile
proliferation like this.  Maybe it won't work out, but it is at least
worth a try :).  Does Ncrack still compile if you try with
ReleaseNoPcap?  What about with "Static"?

Cheers,
Fyodor
Hey Ithilgore,

I'm trying to figure out if nsock's ReleaseNoPcap and DebugNoPcap project configurations for MS Visual Studio are doing what they are supposed to do, which is remove linkage with WinPcap, since by using it with Ncat, it still links to it, so now I want to test with ncrack directly. However, in the linking process, I encountered this error:
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'openssh.lib'

At first it seems that it tries to link against the wrong lib file, since the output of opensshlib is opensshlib.lib. However, I tried modifying the Additional Dependencies section of ncrack from openssh.lib to opensshlib.lib, but that doesn't seem to do the trick. Any idea what the issue might be? I'm using latest ncrack from svn r23091 and Visual Studio 2010.

Fyodor,

Besides what nsock's ReleaseNoPcap is supposed to do, nsock's Static configuration enables static runtime library linkage in addition.

Regards,
Shinnok