Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nsedoc build interval

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 21:43:53 -0500

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:

We do plan
to automate the nsedoc generation system, but we need to decide on the
best way to do that and then to implement it.

I just added an item to the Nmap TODO list so we don't forget it.

It may be worth looking in to having multiple versions of the nsedoc for
different releases (or "new in X version" statements), since a significant
portion of the questions that get asked have to do with scripts and features
not supported in older releases. This probably is closely related to the
update system and the NSE versioning/"require version" discussions that have
been going on. Examples of what I'm talking about are the Python
documentation, with e.g. http://docs.python.org/library/ for current release
and http://docs.python.org/release/2.6.6/library/ for older releases.
Another to look at is Django (http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/), see
the links to older/stable releases, for example.

just my 2 cents,
Dan