Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nsedoc build interval

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 18:57:30 -0700

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 01:42:19PM +0300, Toni Ruottu wrote:
I have built a habit to check at the nsedoc's whenever they are
advertised in a "New VA Modules" email. The problem is that the pages
are never there at that time. Thus I end up bookmarking the email, and
polling multiple times before the doc finally appears there. This is
really annoying. Why is the nsedoc build interval so long?

Thanks for checking the NSEDoc files.  The reason for the delay is
that the VA modules email is automated, but I manually run the NSEDoc
generation system a few times per week.  It is done on one computer
and then the generated files are moved to the web server.  We do plan
to automate the nsedoc generation system, but we need to decide on the
best way to do that and then to implement it.

I just added an item to the Nmap TODO list so we don't forget it.

Cheers,
Fyodor