Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Version display patch

From: "Thomas Buchanan" <TBuchanan () thecompassgrp net>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 20:49:55 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: ambarisha b [mailto:b.ambarisha () gmail com]
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 2:40 PM
To: Thomas Buchanan; nmap-dev () insecure org
Subject: Re: Version display patch

David, thanks for the revised patch.I have attached the patch after
making the changes that you pointed out.

Thomas, thanks for pointing that out.Can you post the error you got on
including dnet_winconfig.h ?

Regards
Ambarisha

I tried the updated patch you attached, but with the following line:

#include "libdnet-stripped/include/config.h"

Changed to:

#include "libdnet-stripped/include/dnet_winconfig.h"

This time I didn't get a compile error with dnet_winconfig.h, but did
get the following linking error:
4>nmap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char const *
const pcap_version" (?pcap_version@@3QBDB)
4>.\Release/nmap.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Thomas