Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r21714 - nmap/todo

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 01:07:45 -0800

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 09:53:08PM +0100, Luis MartinGarcia. wrote:
On 01/18/2011 09:15 PM, Fyodor wrote:

I'm afraid I closed the linode account a few months ago. Do you have
some old machine where we can run an instance of the server?

OK, I set up a new Linode running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 32-bit.  This will
become the new scanme.nmap.org (IPv4 and IPv6) in time, but we'll
start it out as a public echo server.

The DNS name is echo.nmap.org and the encryption key is "public".  So
folks are welcome and encouraged to try it with commands like:

nping --echo-client "public" echo.nmap.org

Or even:

nping -v --tcp -p 80 --echo-client "public" echo.nmap.org

The Nping echo server is not set to restart upon crash because of my
great faith in Nping's stability.  Let's hope it doesn't let us down
:).  DNS may not have completely propagated yet, so try 74.207.244.221
if echo.nmap.org doesn't work.

Cheers,
Fyodor