Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r21714 - nmap/todo

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:17:02 +0100

On 01/13/2011 10:10 AM, Fyodor wrote:

 2. Leave it as a mandatory parameter and just warn the user if
"--no-crypto" was not supplied and there is no OpenSSL.
Maybe we should give an error and quit rather than just warn.

Definitely, this is what I had in mind. I already have a patch for that.

Also, right now the Nping man page suggests using --no-crypto for
public echo servers.  We might suggest using the empty passphrase ("")
for this instead.  That way the client users don't have to always
remember to pass --no-crypto.  We don't really want to get them in
that habit anyway.

Sure, I'll have a look at the ref guide and update it.

Regards,

Luis MartinGarcia..