Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap Crashing and CPU Utilisation hangs at 50%

From: Rob Nicholls <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 10:23:01 +0000

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 22:22:59 -0800, David Fifield wrote:
Guys, I think this is greatly ameliorated in r21861. Please give it a
try. I made it update the text field incrementally, and also apply new
highlighting incrementally. I can "nmap --packet-trace -p- localhost"
without much delay, with highlighting on.

I'm guessing you might not have tested the new incremental update code on Windows (it works as before/expected on Linux), as I don't get to see any scan results until the entire scan has completed. The highlighting seems to work fine though (from memory it looks identical to before), and it didn't freeze/crash.

Rob