Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Broken usage description in informix-query and domcon-cmd

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:41:51 +0100

On 18 jan 2011, at 19.46, David Fifield wrote:

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:24:52AM +0100, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
Hmm, seems as if we're both right. This is really awkward.
Running the latest svn version of nmap on OS X I get:

./nmap -np 22 127.0.0.1

Starting Nmap 5.36TEST3 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2011-01-18 11:20 CET
Nmap scan report for 127.0.0.1
Host is up (0.000064s latency).
PORT   STATE  SERVICE
22/tcp closed ssh

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.06 seconds

When running the same command against the latest svn version on Linux I get:
./nmap -np 22 127.0.0.1
./nmap: option '-np' is ambiguous

Any ideas anyone?

Probably just different getopt implementations? I don't know what "-np"
could be ambiguous for, but let's just update the usage to something
that works for everyone.

Done. I simply removed the n. It's commited as r21843.

David Fifield

//Patrik
--
Patrik Karlsson