Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: [NSE] snmp-ios-config - Config grabber

From: "Thomas Buchanan" <TBuchanan () thecompassgrp net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:50:54 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: David Fifield [mailto:david () bamsoftware com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 12:55 PM
To: Vikas Singhal
Cc: Patrik Karlsson; Thomas Buchanan; nmap-dev
Subject: Re: [NSE] snmp-ios-config - Config grabber

So, Cisco SNMP-using users, is this a script that you will use?
I want to know if this is generally useful enough to include
with Nmap,
or if there will be few enough users that it's better to just grab it
from the mailing list. Would you use it even if you have to set up a
TFTP server, or would you only use it if Nmap could automatically
collect the TFTP replies?

David Fifield

I can definitely see the script being useful, especially in conjunction
with the snmp-brute script, but having to configure a separate TFTP
server and create the files ahead of time significantly reduces the
appeal.  If Nmap could automatically collect the replies, I think that
would be a big win.  I haven't had a chance to test Patrik's patch yet,
but hope to do so later this week.

Thanks,

Thomas