Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Broken usage description in informix-query and domcon-cmd

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:51:34 +0200

I did not realize it printed an error message, as this was flooded out
of view by usage information. The error message is
nmap: option '-np' is ambiguous

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net> wrote:
HI Toni,

The -n is used to disable name resolution, the -p specifies the port.
I use -n a lot when running against virtual machines with bogus DNS setups.
The switches can be combined into -np and work well for me. What error are you getting?

Maybe the -n should be removed from the example in order to be more consistent though.

//Patrik