Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Dropbox LanSync host collection

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 21:15:02 -0800

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:54:37AM -0600, Kris Katterjohn wrote:

On 12/14/2010 11:37 AM, David Fifield wrote:

Recall we all ready have the separate arg "newtargets" for scripts adding
targets to Nmap's scanning queue.  Maybe for consistency we could add a
"broadcast" arg to allow scripts like this to run?  I don't remember this
being brought up before, but I could have missed it.
Otherwise, only running them when called by name sounds like a good enough
alternative.

Good points.  I like the idea of modifying the scripts so they only
run if they are called by name (e.g. the same rule as we use for the
verbosity bump) or if a special NSE argument is set (whether that be
"broadcast" or something else).

Cheers,
Fyodor