Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] Dropbox LanSync host collection

From: Mak Kolybabi <mak () kolybabi com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:30:49 -0600

Yesterday we had the first of (hopefully) many hackathons here in Winnipeg. We
decided to write a bunch of Nmap scripts as our activity. Attached is the first
of these scripts, submitted for (hopefully) inclusion into Nmap. More will
follow.

This script has a single problem that we could not resolve. If another process
has bound a UDP socket to the broadcast address on the same port, the bind call
will succeed, but will never receive packets. This will come up if Dropbox is
running on the same host as Nmap.

Comments, concerns, criticism, and testing are appreciated.

--
Mak Kolybabi
<mak () kolybabi com>

() ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Against HTML e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org  | Against proprietary extensions