Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Some scripts for analyzing NetBus

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:32:20 -0800

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:53:48PM +0200, Toni Ruottu wrote:
If there's no password set on the server, the output of netbus-brute is:
|_netbus-brute:
There should be some message to make clear that it's an empty or blank
password.

It is indeed a blank password. I think trying to log in with "foo"
(when the blank password is set) would cause an error, but I'd need to
check to be sure. Is some other brute script reporting a blank? I
could copy the message format to remain consistent.

Patrik Karlsson's brute scripts use "<empty>".

David Fifield