Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Some scripts for analyzing NetBus

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 20:37:47 +0200

hello again,

I realized not everyone have a NetBus setup up and running, so I
decided to provide some links to NetBus packages available on the
Internet. The below links are for NetBus 1.6 and 1.7. There is also a
link for honeypot application NetBuster. I used these packages in my
tests and they seemed to work well. The NetBus packages contain both a
client and a server. The server is usually called patch.exe.
Additionally they may contain a tool for editing the server. The
NetBuster package contains a server with graphical configuration user
interface.

http://members.fortunecity.com/cambada/nb16.zip
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/jaakko.linna/NetBus170.zip
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/jaakko.linna/netbuster1_31.zip

NetBus and NetBuster are Windows applications. I run the apps on
Ubuntu using Wine and they worked surprisingly well. Just make sure
you always reset the environment properly between running two
different versions (kill all processes, wait for port bind to time
out, and possibly delete wine configuration). Note that NetBus is
hackish and might have hidden tricks. You might want to run the
services under a virtual machine rather than on a system you use
daily. In any case the NetBus services are not very secure, and
someone could hack into your box through the service unless you are
behind a firewall.

  happy hacking, --Toni