Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nping 5.36Test2 crash

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:14:56 +0100

On 11/23/2010 11:44 AM, Henri Doreau wrote:

Hi Luis,

nice work! I've just tested the fixed version. It doesn't segfault
anymore, but displays a "BUG" message. I don't know if this is
intentional or not.

:~/nmap$ ./nping/nping -d9 scanme.insecure.org
Nping will send packets in unprivileged mode using regular system calls

Starting Nping 0.5.36TEST2 ( http://nmap.org/nping ) at 2010-11-23 11:35 CET
Resolving specified targets...
^Csignal_handler(): Received signal 2

BUG: NpingTargets::processSpecs() should be called before
NpingTargets::getNextTarget()

Regards.

Hi Henri,

It's good you keep on finding these weird bugs ;-) I've had a look at it
and I've just commited a patch that solves the issue (r21158). It's
always a bit tricky to anticipate the consequences of users hitting
CTRL-C at any point of the execution. Please let me know if you find any
other problems.

Regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.