Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nping 5.36Test2 crash

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:44:55 +0100

2010/11/23 Luis MartinGarcia. <luis.mgarc () gmail com>:
Hi again, Henri

I've been working on this and I've rewritten the stats engine from
scratch, as it contained a lot of old and ugly code. r21157 should solve
the "assertion failed" issue. Please let me know if you find any other
problems.

Regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.

Hi Luis,

nice work! I've just tested the fixed version. It doesn't segfault
anymore, but displays a "BUG" message. I don't know if this is
intentional or not.

:~/nmap$ ./nping/nping -d9 scanme.insecure.org
Nping will send packets in unprivileged mode using regular system calls

Starting Nping 0.5.36TEST2 ( http://nmap.org/nping ) at 2010-11-23 11:35 CET
Resolving specified targets...
^Csignal_handler(): Received signal 2

BUG: NpingTargets::processSpecs() should be called before
NpingTargets::getNextTarget()

Regards.

--
Henri Doreau