Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nping 5.36Test2 crash

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:29:16 +0100

On 11/22/2010 08:13 AM, Henri Doreau wrote:
Hello,

nping 5.36Test2 crashes when pressing ctrl+c while resolving targets.

$:~/nmap-5.36TEST2$ ./nping/nping -d9 scanme.insecure.org
Nping will send packets in unprivileged mode using regular system calls

Starting Nping 0.5.36TEST2 ( http://nmap.org/nping ) at 2010-11-22 08:07 CET
Resolving specified targets...
^Csignal_handler(): Received signal 2
nping: stats.cc:129: void RateMeter::stop(const timeval*): Assertion
`isSet(&start_tv)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Let me know if I can provide additional information.

Regards.

Hi again, Henri

I've been working on this and I've rewritten the stats engine from
scratch, as it contained a lot of old and ugly code. r21157 should solve
the "assertion failed" issue. Please let me know if you find any other
problems.

Regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.