Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] http.lua cleanups

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:12:27 -0800

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 07:08:35PM -0600, David Fifield wrote:
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:03:01PM -0500, Ron wrote:
I've spent the past few days cleaning up http.lua functions, and I'm pretty happy with the result I have now. Among
other things, I:
o Updated the documentation on pretty much every function
o Updated the module documentation to discuss how to use http.lua, along with an example
o Changed the interface to http.pipeline to work be significantly cleaner, and documented it
  (I also kept the old interface, which prints a warning and calls the new function)
o Made functions 'local' that should have been, and that aren't being used
o Document and validate the 'options' table
o Document the 'response' table
o Change nmap.registry.args.* to stdnse.get_script_args()
o Normalized indentation and style, where possible, including function definitions ('function xxx()' instead of
'xxx = function()').

This looks good. You can commit it.

In general, if you're making style changes only, and people aren't
likely to object to the style changes, you can just commit them without
asking. I appreciate you keeping backwards-compatible pipeline
functions.

I'm getting an error with the new pipeline functions:

NSE: 'http-userdir-enum' (thread: 0x106b520) against 64.13.134.52:80 threw an error!
./nselib/http.lua:1317: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got string)
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'insert'
        ./nselib/http.lua:1317: in function 'pipeline_add'
        ./scripts/http-userdir-enum.nse:81: in function <./scripts/http-userdir-enum.nse:42>
        (tail call): ?

It looks wrong because http-userdir-enum is calling pipeline_add with
three arguments when it should be four.

David Fifield