Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ideas for NSE demo?

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:28:59 -0600

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 09:01:27AM -0500, Ron wrote:
Hey all,

I am apparently doing a NSE demo in a couple weeks -- I don't have the
final scheduling information, but I'll post here when I do.

It's a 3-hour demo, centered around NSE scripts. I'm also hoping to
show off Zenmap and, if kirubakaran has something working by then, the
new Zenmap script gui.

So basically, my question is: what are the coolest NSE scripts to show
off? I'm definitely going to pull out the SMB scripts, and the other
ones I've written, but which others are the "best" for demos?

I would show the snmp-* scripts, including snmp-win32-*. They don't work
against Windows by default but I think you only have to open one port in
Windows Firewall. After that, you get a lot of information with no
authentication.

Here are some links to the sample output.

http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/snmp-interfaces.html
http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/snmp-netstat.html
http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/snmp-processes.html
http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/snmp-sysdescr.html