Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ideas for NSE demo?

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:31:12 -0500

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:29:28 -0400 John Mason Jr
<john.mason.jr () cox net> wrote:
  On 7/12/2010 10:01 AM, Ron wrote:
Hey all,

I am apparently doing a NSE demo in a couple weeks -- I don't have
the final scheduling information, but I'll post here when I do.

It's a 3-hour demo, centered around NSE scripts. I'm also hoping to
show off Zenmap and, if kirubakaran has something working by then,
the new Zenmap script gui.

So basically, my question is: what are the coolest NSE scripts to
show off? I'm definitely going to pull out the SMB scripts, and the
other ones I've written, but which others are the "best" for demos?

What is the audience's focus or is it a general group?
Are they folks who might develop scripts themselves or would they be
mostly users of  existing scripts?
I've always found that when audience can see the relevance to their
position/job/task  that the topic becomes more engaging.
Ah, I sort of forgot to mention the important part. It's Blackhat -- the group is hardcore security.

Ron

John

--
Ron Bowes