Nmap Development mailing list archives

Forcing scripts to run?

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:26:18 -0500

Hey all,

I was helping somebody resolve an issue this morning, and realized there's a feature missing from NSE that maybe ought
to be there: forcing a script to run against a host and/or port in spite of its hostrule/portrule.

What happened was, he had a custom HTTP running on a non-standard port. Nmap -sV didn't recognize it as a HTTP server
(and shouldn't -- it wasn't a standard configuration), so http-headers.nse wouldn't run against it. The only way to do
it would be to change the service to run on a port that Nmap recognizes as HTTP or to hack the portrule to say "if port
== 1234 then return true end". Neither of those are great solutions.

Any ideas how it could work? I imagine this as similar to --version-all, except it would be running every script
against every host/port.

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org