Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] scan traceroute hops

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 03:04:36 +0100

On 2010-09-04 19:16:08 -0600, David Fifield wrote:
On Sat, Sep 04, 2010 at 03:33:09PM +0100, Djalal Harouni wrote:
I think that this script is ready to be merged.

I think it's ready too, but we should give some thought to the name. I
think it would be a good idea to establish a common naming convention
for scripts whose only purpose is to expand the list of targets. Maybe
something like targets-traceroute.nse.
yes, using a common naming convention like 'targets-*' for this type of
scripts is a good idea.

Okay, Djalal, will you please add this new script, with the
targets-traceroute.nse name? My idea is that such scripts will have a
name that starts with "targets-", but of course this can still be
discussed and changed. Other existing scripts are being given the
ability to add targets, like dhcp-discover; I propose that the names of
these scripts be left alone.
Yes 'targets-' for scripts that only add new targets seems good for me.
BTW the targets-traceroute.nse script was just committed as r20148, thx Henri.

--
tixxdz