Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap on Android

From: Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 05:18:45 +0200

On 07/08/2010 10:26 PM, David Fifield wrote:
On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 10:16:54PM +0200, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
On 06/30/2010 04:19 PM, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
Same note applies:
* if you want to use all features - use rooted phone
(i guess everyone who have android on this list have already done that :) -
* tested on G1 (cyagenomod)
* sometimes there's no output due to davlik's stdout/stderr handling,
use -oA and --log-errors options ALWAYS when starting scan - and even
calling something like --iflist (anyone aware how can this be fixed?
I was talking with a developer named Luke Jeter who tried this on a
non-rooted, non-Cyanogen phone. It would run and how the usage output,
but trying to use any options would make the program quit without any
output. Maybe he can comment more about it.

Yes, it happens and I have documented that (in each post to this list):
* sometimes there's no output due to davlik's stdout/stderr handling,
 use -oA and --log-errors options ALWAYS when starting scan - and even
 calling something like --iflist (anyone aware how can this be fixed?

So, does he have correct permissions for -oA file writting? Is there any
output of -oA?

Can you post cross-compiling instructions? What does someone need in
order to build it? Just the Android SDK?

Actually, you need:

* Android NDK (native development kit) as Android SDK is Java based. As
original NDK does not support C++ fully, I have used
android-ndk-r2-crystax from here:
http://www.crystax.net/android/ndk-r2.php

* build wrappers which you can get from here:
http://github.com/kost/droid-wrapper

* patches which I sent originally to the list:
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2010/q2/att-1021/nmap-android-fixes.diff

* and following command line (for SSL based build):
ac_cv_linux_vers=2 CC=droid-gcc CXX=droid-g++ LD=droid-ld ./configure
--host=arm-linux-eabi --without-zenmap
--with-liblua=/src/nmap-5.30BETA1/liblua --with-libpcap=internal
--without-nping --without-ncat --with-pcap=linux
--with-openssl=/sd-ext/opt/openssl --enable-static
--prefix=/sd-ext/opt/nmap-5.30BETA1

* There's few fixes which I fixed on the fly which I described in my
original post to the list. Only difference for SSL build is that OpenSSL
disabled MD2 in newer builds by default (so, you need to wrap #ifdef
around md2 nse function):
http://www.openssl.org/news/changelog.html

Kost